Boca Raton Road Runners
Boca Raton Road Runners (BRRR) is a local non-profit running club founded in 1978 for the purpose of promoting running as both a healthy exercise and a recreational sport. It's mission has expanded to include jogging and walking and participants at all skill levels are welcome to join. The BRRR is a member of the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) and the United States Track and Field Association (USTF), which are both national organizations.
1. Membership is for 12 months from the month you join. An automatic renewal program is available. You can also join or renew online from the monthly e-letter and calendar of events.
2. You receive entry fee discounts to the annual Boca 10K / 5K race held in December, the annual Memorial Day Family Affair (MDFA) 5K held in May, the PAL 5K / 1/2 Marathon held in September, a discount to participate in the Runner's Edge Saturday morning marathon training group, and the coached track and speed workout training program held at the FAU track on Tuesday evenings. Entry fee discounts are also available for other racing events during the year.
3. You receive a monthly e-letter which provides a calendar of events for the month along with important news, upcoming races, articles about fitness and running, and other announcements. Members are encouraged to submit information of interest to the BRRR running community. send articles to BRRReletter@yahoo.com
4. You are invited to join other BRRR members and guests in several social events held during the year. Some examples are the Halloween Bash, the St. Patrick's Pub Crawl, Pizza on the Beach, and the Annual Holiday Party. These events increase in popularity each year.
5. You are invited to join with other BRRR members to participate in the weekly Thursday night runs held at The Runner's Edge. The runs are of varying distances and skill levels and can be accompanied with a speaker, a product demonstration, or a chat session.
6. Portions of the proceeds from our two key races (Boca 10K / 5K and MDFA 5K) go to support local charities. Proceeds from the recent MDFA were donated to the Boca Raton Fire Rescue Benevolent Fund to help support our local involvement in the national Honor Flights program. By being a member of BRRR you are helping us continue our charity work.
7. You are invited to volunteer to assist in putting on the two major BRRR races and to join the BRRR Board of Directors to assist in running the club. BRRR members come from all walks of life which is very helpful.
8. By joining BRRR you are expressing your own commitment to good health, fitness and well being. We have a web page, a facebook account, and a twitter account to keep us up to date. BRRR is committed to providing support, camaraderie, and fun to all those interested in running, jogging, and walking.